Loudoun County News
Gov. McAuliffe has plenty of allies in his efforts to expand Medicaid eligibility in Virginia, including the state’s hospitals, insurance companies, several business organizations, liberal advocacy groups and even some Republican state senators.
More Loudoun County News:
- No signs of compromise on Va. Medicaid expansion
- Va. Senate passes ultrasound repeal bill
- A sunflower blooms in The Plains
- GOP seeks investigation of McAuliffe appointment
- When was the last time Loudoun elected an African-American supervisor or state lawmaker?
Prince William County News
RICHMOND — “Andrew’s Law,” legislation that would punish as a felony reckless driving that seriously injures or kills an on-duty responder or highway worker, will be heard in the Senate Finance Committee next week. The legislation, a combination of House Bill 1148 and Senate Bill 293, was introduced after Virginia state trooper Andrew Fox, 27, was run over and killed while directing traffic at the Virginia State Fair in 2012.
More Prince William County News:
- Bills seek to protect responders from reckless driving
- Brentsville breaks the box, wins by 19
- City Hall renamed for Gillum
- Fairfax County teams tough company for local swimmers
- Western wrestlers, gymnasts move on to regions
Fauquier County News
State mobilizing resources before mid-week snow
More Fauquier County News:
- Virginia governor declares state of emergency in advance of storm
- With points hard to come by, Wakefield edges Highland in boys basketball
- VIDEO: Community effort brings new playground to P.B. Smith Elementary
- Boys and girls basketball standings for Conference 22, Conference 27, Evergreen District
- Feb. 10 Fauquier County high school sport roundup
Culpeper County News
Bring your children for a FREE Monster themed story time.
More Culpeper County News:
- Winter Literacy Event
- Mosby Heritage Area Association to Host Local Hunt Country Photographer Douglas Lees
- Love in the Dictionary – A Valentine’s Musical Tour
- Madison County, Economic Development & Tourism in our Gateway Community
- Worshipful Talent Performance