Prince William News
Mon., Dec. 24 - manassas-firefighters-save-christmas
Manassas firefighters save Christmas
© Gainesville TimesOn Thursday, Dec. 20, the A-squad from the City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Department responded to a fire started by a dryer in a home on Oakgrove Court in the City of Manassas. While members of the City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Department made short work of the fire, there was extensive smoke damage to the home. The family's home and possessions were ruined - right before Christmas.
The family has four small children and were relocated by the Red Cross to a hotel for a few days. Knowing Christmas was right around the corner and of their own accord, City of Manassas Fire & Rescue staff decided to make this family's Christmas a little brighter.
Lt. Jerry Smith emailed the department with the family's story and collected donations of clothes and toys. He will give the collected items to the family today, Sunday, December 23, so that the children will have something to wake up to on Christmas morning.
The City of Manassas Fire & Rescue Department doesn't just save lives and homes, this year, they saved Christmas for one family.