TOP CULPEPER NEWS
Sat., Sep. 7
- Brandywine is further impacted as encampments from the Union and Confederate armies threaten its doors in August 1862.
Wed., Sep. 4
SIMPLY THRIFTY: Executive Director of the Culpeper Community Development Corporation Cheryl Carter and Board Chairman Tom Huggard were on hand to welcome guests to the grand opening of 'Every Second Counts' – a new thrift store on S. East Street. Photo by Anita Sherman.
- Proceeds from 'Every Second Counts' will help serve the homeless in Culpeper and surrounding counties.
Sat., Aug. 31
Johncie Carlson is the new Board President of the Blue Ridge Chorale.
- This season, Johncie Carlson starts her role as the new Board President for the Blue Ridge Chorale. Melissa Janes will take on the role of director.
Fri., Aug. 30
- Culpeper police have identified the man killed yesterday morning after he was struck by an Amtrak passenger train as Elijah Nathaniel Rivera, 19, with no fixed address.
Thu., Aug. 29
- A member of a Pennsylvania Chapter of the Blue Knights was killed in a motorcycle accident in the Town of Culpeper this afternoon.
Thu., Aug. 29
Detective Luke Altman photographs the accident scene where the Amtrak train stopped on the track.
- Town of Culpeper police are investigating a fatality this morning when a 19-year-old Culpeper man was struck by an Amtrak passenger train.
Wed., Aug. 28
PERMANENT LEGACIES: Nationally recognized artist Jim Brothers died Aug. 20 in his studio in Lawrence, Kansas. He was 72.
In November of 2009, Brothers visited Culpeper for the first time attending a fundraiser held at the Museum of Culpeper History. Brothers had been commissioned to create the bronze statute entitled 'Homage' by the Town of Culpeper. Pictured here during an interview at Raven's Nest before the event, Brothers was happy that much of his work would outlive him and be a legacy not to himself but to those he represents in his art. Photo by Anita Sherman.
- Cancer takes the life of nationally recognized artist Jim Brothers known for his military memorials. His 'Homage' statue is a legacy to him and his work. It is erected at Wine Street Memorial Park in Culpeper.
Wed., Aug. 28
Pon C. Yasuf is scheduled to start Sept. 9
- Culpeper Town Council unanimously endorses selection of Pon C, Yasuf as new town treasurer/finance director.
Sun., Aug. 25
BEE-SPREE: The perplexing bumble bee is one of many bee species that feed on purple coneflower, helping to pollinate it in the process. Photo by Pam Owen.
- Step outside and take a closer look at the wonderful world of tiny creatures that live there.
Page 16 of 91 pages ‹ First < 14 15 16 17 18 > Last ›