Culpeper Times Community Calendar
© Culpeper TimesCulpeper Community Calendar
The Culpeper Community Calendar lists events sponsored by non-profit groups. Please include contact information and submit items by noon Friday two weeks in advance. E-mail Ray Finefrock at email@example.com
All area codes are 540 unless otherwise noted.
Thursday, Oct. 18
• Classic Halloween double feature. "Frankenstein" A crazed scientist creates a living being from body parts, inadvertently giving it a criminal brain. Starring Boris Karloff. Black and white, 70 minutes. And "Dracula" A Transylvanian vampire stakes his claim on a British estate in search of new blood. Starring Bela Lugosi. Black and white, 75 minutes. Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road. Reservations are encouraged. Call: 827-1079 ext. 79994 or 202-707-9994.
• A.G. Richardson Elementary School Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A from 5 to 8 p.m.
• Culpeper Garden Club meets, beginning at 1:30 p.m. at Culpeper United Methodist Church. The program is a presentation by Gennie Cates of Blue Rag Gardeners called "Fall Potpourri." There will also be floral designs and horticulture displays by members. Refreshments are served. Info.: 825-0659 or 937-3545.
• Culpeper Middle School tailgate party from 4 to 6 p.m. Behind the annex buiding.
Friday, Oct. 19
• "Kwaidan (Ghost Story)" Based on stories from Lafcadio Hearn's collections of Japanese folk tales, the film consists of four separate stories. Directed by Masaki Kobayashi. Color, 183 minutes. In Japanese with English subtitles. Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road. Reservations are encouraged. Call: 827-1079 ext. 79994 or 202-707-9994.
Saturday, Oct. 20
• Yowell Elementary School Craft Fair, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Vendors, raffle, food and crafts! If you would like to participate e-mail: YESHSCC@yahoo.com with your name, name of the busines and items you will be selling, as well as you mailing address for registation forms. Info.; Amanda at: 522-6898.
• Culpeper County High School drama event: "Booby Trap" in the auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m.
• "Nightmare on Elm Street" Several teenagers are stalked and killed in their dreams by the hideously scarred Freddy Krueger. Directed by Wed Craven. Starring John Saxon, Johnny Depp, Heather Langenkamp and Robert England. Color, 91 minutes. Rated "R." Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road. Reservations are encouraged. Call: 827-1079 ext. 79994 or 202-707-9994.
• The Museum of Culpeper History will host a "Haunting," from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Programs are designed for children ages 6 to 10. Cost is $3 per child; one parent is free. Children must be accompanied by an adult who must stay for the whole program.
• Jeffersonton Community Center will fold a fried country ham and turkey dinner from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at the community center. Menu features all-you-can-eat country ham and turkey, green beans. Mashed potatoes, fried apples, fuirt cobbler, various desserts, ice tea and coffee. Cost is $9.95 for adults and $5 for children ages 6 to 12. Porceeds go toward maintaining the community center. Info.: 630-6333.
•There will be a formal cocktail party and dance at the Salem Volunteer Fire Hall to benefit the St. Stephen's Episcopal Church fundraising program to repair damage from the the Aug. 23, 2011 earthquake. Info.: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, Oct. 22
• Twin sisters Jocelyn and Jessica Davis share experiences encountered throughout their early life to shed light on Autism through their book, "There will Always be Love." Books will be available for purchase and signing. The prsentation begins at 7:30 p.m.. at Culpeper County Library. Info.: 825-8691.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
• Culpeper County High School choir fall concert featuring the Longwood University Camerata Singers, in the auditorium beginning at 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
• From 6 to 8 p.m. at Culpeper County Library join amateur astronomer Myron Wasiuta as he shares his knowledge of how to observe the moon. Wasiuta set up in front of the library to chat and let visitors look through his telescope. Info.: 825-8691.
• Floyd T. Binns Fall Choral Cabaret, beginning at 7 p.m. in the Binns gymn. Will help raise money for choir outfits through donations. Concert features Binns choirs singing pop and rock medleys and the "Harmonious Hoos," a mixed acapella group from the University of Virginia with a former Binns/Eastern View High School student as a member. Info.: Doray Walker, 829-6894 ext. 3399
Get Weekly Email News