Culpeper Community Calendar
© Culpeper TimesFriday, March 1
• Yowell Elementary School Daddy-Daughter Dance from 7 to 9 p.m.
• "Lenny" Dustin Hoffman portrays controversial 1960s stand-up comedian Lenny Bruce from his beginnings in the Catskills through his legal battles from challenging obscenity laws to his ultimate self-destruction. Rated R. Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Color, 111 minutes. Reservations are recommended: 827-1079, ext. 7994 or (202) 707-994 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Saturday, March 2
• Culpeper County Public Schools Fine Arts Program presents its 11th Annual Art Show at A.G. Richardson Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Light refreshments begin at noon.
• "The Man Who Wasn't There" A laconic chainsmoking barber blackmail's his wife's boss and lover for money to invest in a dry cleaning business, but his plan goes terribly wrong. Starrin Billy Bob Thornton, Frances McDormand and James Gandolfini. Rated R. Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Color, 116 minutes. Reservations are recommended: 827-1079, ext. 7994 or (202) 707-994 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Sunday, March 3
• Worship services at Reformation Lutheran Church, 509 S. Main St., at 8 and 11 a.m. With Sunday school for all ages at 9:45 a.m. Holy Communion is celebrated at all worship services. Info.: 825-1376
• Worship service at Providence Bible Church, 17211 Greens Corner Road, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. with Sunday school for all ages beginning at 9 a.m. Info.: 825-4715 or visit: providencebible.org
• Worship services at Amissville United Methodist Church, 14760 Lee Highway, are at 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday school is at 9:45 a.m. Info.: amissvilleumc.com
• Bread of Life Deliverance Ministries, nondenominational, 405 Sperryville Pike. Cll: 727-0041. E-mail: email@example.com. Service times: Sunday: 10:30 to12:30; Bible study Wednesday, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• St. Luke Lutheran Church offers Sunday School for adults, youth and children at 9 a.m. and worship at 10 a.m. Bible study is Thursday at noon. The church is located at 1200 Old Rixeyville Road. Info.: 825-8358 or visit: www.stlukesculpeper.org
• Worship services at Mountain View Community Church are at 9:15 and 11 a.m. The church is located at 16088 Rogers Road, behind Brusters. Info.: www.mountainviewcc.net or 727-0297.
• Worship at Bethlehem Christian Fellowship, 371 Lakeside Dr. (next to Full Circle Thrift Shop) at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Info.: 829-9927 or: www.bcf4u.org
Monday, March 4
• DivorceCare Support Group from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday's through April 1 at Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 W. Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Learn how to cope with divorce loss and find healing through God's perspective. Non-denominational, free. Info.: www.scsm.tv or 349-5814.
• Yowell Elementary School Home School Connection Committee meeting in the art room from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Drop It! Free exercise class at Daniel Technology Center from 6 to 7 p.m.. Info.: 829-4754.
• Look Good and Feel Better for cancer patients at CRH medical staff conference room, beginning at 10 a.m. Free for patients. Info.: 667-2315 or Heather.Decker@cancer.org
Tuesday, March 5
• Culpeper Soil and Water Conservation District monthly board of directors meeting, 9:30 a.m. first Tuesday at 235 Warren St. in Orange; http://culpeper.vaswcd.org/; (540) 825-8591.
• Board of Supervisors, first Tuesday; 10 a.m., general county business, committee reports, appropriate closed sessions; 7 p.m., public forum, Planning Commission business, public hearings; County Administration Building, 302 North Main St., Culpeper; see Web page for meeting agendas; http://web.culpepercounty.gov/CountyGovernment/BoardofSupervisors.aspx; Administrative Office, (540) 727-3427.
• Windmore Pen-to-Paper Writers' Group, meets first Tuesday at the Culpeper Library. Aspiring writer? Want to hone your communication skills? Morning group 10 a.m. to noon, afternoon group at 5-7 p.m. New members welcome. More info.: Fran at 540-825-2890.
• Bedtime Storytime is 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Family-oriented programs feature stories, rhymes, songs and activities. Children are encouraged to attend in their pajamas and to bring a favorite stuffed animal. No registration necessary. For children and their caregivers.
• Reva Volunteer Fire and Rescue has bingo every Tuesday at 18230 Birmington Road, Culpeper, in a smoke-free hall. Doors open at 5 p.m. Dinner sales start at 5:30 p.m. Early bird starts at 6:30 p.m., followed by regular bingo at 7 p.m. Info: 540-825-7555.
• Senior worship at 1 p.m. at Reformation Lutheran Church, 509 S. Main St. Holy Communion is celebrated at all worship services. Info.: 825-1376
• Pre-School Storytime (ages 3 to 5) at 10:30 a.m. and toddler storytime (ages 2 to 3) at 10:30 or 11:15 a.m. at Culpeper County Library. Stories, songs, finger plays, coloring and activities.
• Culpeper County High School Festival Choir in the auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m.
• Diabetes Support Group at Culpeper Regional Hospital board room from 7 to 8 p.m.. Free. Info.: 829-8867.
Wednesday, March 6
• Junior Chess Club, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays; Culpeper County Library meeting room; lessons available for beginners.
• Bereaved parent support group, Wednesday's from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. One-on-one counseling with Jo Ballengee available at Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Non-denominational. Free. Info.: scsm.tv or 349-5814.
• Sycamore Park Elementary School PTO meeting from 4 to 5 p.m.