Culpeper Community Calendar
© Culpeper TimesThe Culpeper Community Calendar lists events sponsored by non-profit groups. Please include contact information and submit items by noon Friday two weeks in advance. E-mail Ray Finefrock at firstname.lastname@example.org
All area codes are 540 unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, Jan. 19
• Teen gaming at Culpeper County Library for sixth through twelfth grade from 2 to 4:30 p.m. Register in advance. Games will include: Play 7 Wonders, Battlestar Galactica, Rune Age, Forbidden Island, Kinect, Just Dance 3, Just Dance 4, Apples to Apples, Wits and Wagers, Scrabble and more. Snacks will be served. Info.: 825-8691.
• Breastfeeding Made Simple at Fauquier Hospital Family Birthing Center from 10 a.m. to noon. Cost: $25. Register: 316-3588
• First aid/CPR/AED traing at the Fauquier Health Medical Office Building from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost: $85. Register: 316-3588.
Sunday, Jan. 20
• Worship services at Reformation Lutheran Church, 509 S. Main St., at 8 and 11 a.m. With Sunday school for all ages at 9:45 a.m. Holy Communion is celebrated at all worship services. Info.: 825-1376
• Worship service at Providence Bible Church, 17211 Greens Corner Road, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. with Sunday school for all ages beginning at 9 a.m. Info.: 825-4715 or visit: providencebible.org
• Worship services at Amissville United Methodist Church, 14760 Lee Highway, are at 9 and 11 a.m. Sunday school is at 9:45 a.m. Info.: amissvilleumc.com
• St. Luke Lutheran Church worship at 10 a.m. Mid-week Bible Study on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
• Bread of Life Deliverance Ministries, nondenominational, 405 Sperryville Pike. Cll: 727-0041. E-mail: email@example.com. Service times: Sunday: 10:30 to12:30; Bible study Wednesday, 7 to 8:30 p.m.
• St. Luke Lutheran Church holds worship each Sunday at 10 a.m. At 9 a.m. there are Sunday School classes for all ages. Info.: 825-8358 or 276-698-7653 or visit: www.stlukesculpeper.org.
• Worship services at Mountain View Community Church are at 9:15 and 11 a.m. The church is located at 16088 Rogers Road, behind Brusters. Info.: www.mountainviewcc.net or 727-0297. Christmas Eve services are at 5 and 7 p.m.
• Worship at Bethlehem Christian Fellowship, 371 Lakeside Dr. (next to Full Circle Thrift Shop) at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Info.: 829-9927 or: www.bcf4u.org
Monday, Jan. 21
• No school for Culpeper County Public School students in recognition of Martin Luther King Day.
Tuesday, Jan. 22
• CAN jobs ministry program from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at 309 N. East St. Some of the services available include: resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, networking skills and resume posting. The ministry is free and operated by volunteers. It is available the second and fourth Tuesday's of each month. More info.: Margie Benitez at 703-944-8450 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bedtime Storytime is 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Family-oriented programs feature stories, rhymes, songs and activities. Children are encouraged to attend in their pajamas and to bring a favorite stuffed animal. No registration necessary. For children and their caregivers.
• Reva Volunteer Fire and Rescue has bingo every Tuesday at 18230 Birmington Road, Culpeper, in a smoke-free hall. Doors open at 5 p.m. Dinner sales start at 5:30 p.m. Early bird starts at 6:30 p.m., followed by regular bingo at 7 p.m. Info: 540-825-7555.
• Senior worship at 1 p.m. at Reformation Lutheran Church, 509 S. Main St. Holy Communion is celebrated at all worship services. Info.: 825-1376
• Pre-School Storytime (ages 3 to 5) at 10:30 a.m. and toddler storytime (ages 2 to 3) at 10:30 or 11:15 a.m. at Culpeper County Library. Stories, songs, finger plays, coloring and activities.
• "Proposal Budgeting Basics" at Culpeper County Library from 1 to 2 p.m. This is another class for those new to the grantseeking process. The webinar is live and free. Info.: 825-8691
Wednesdasy, Jan. 23
• Junior Chess Club, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays; Culpeper County Library meeting room; lessons available for beginners.
• Bereaved parent support group, Wednesday's from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. One-on-one counseling with Jo Ballengee available at Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Non-denominational. Free. Info.: scsm.tv or 349-5814.
• Intro to Reiki Class at Fauquier Health Wellness Center from 6 to 8 p.m. Cost: $55. Registration: 216-2640.
Thursday, Jan. 24
• Community prayer, 12 to 12:30 p.m. Join to pray for requests that have been given to the Spiritual Care Support Ministry center. If you have an have a need, there is an opportunity during this time for us to pray for you. Non-denominational, free. Held at Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 W. Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Info. : scsm.tv or: 349-5814.
• Coffee and Conversation, every Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon. For those who are discouraged from illness, bereavement, caregiving or with a loved one deployed in the military. Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Non-denominational, free. Info.: scsm.tv or: 349-5814.
• Culpeper Brain Injury support group, fourth Thursday of each month, 6 to 8 p.m. in the Culpeper County Library meeting room. Free. For people living with a brain injury. Info.: Ruth Wallace at: Ruthwallace@aol.com or 540-423-7274.
• Culpeper Middle School "STARS" meeting at the library from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Culpeper County High School Academic Boosters Club meets in the conference room from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
• Culpeper County High School "Financial Aid Night" in the auditorium from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
• Crisis response and trauma care course Thursday's from 7 to 9 p.m. beginning today and lasting five weeks. Course prepares students to properly help those who are hurting. Students many become board certified in crisis response and trauma care. Site: Spiritual Care Support Ministry Center, 76 Shirley Ave., Warrenton. Info.: 349-5814.
• "The Wishing Ring: An Idyll of Old England" In this light hearted cross-class romance, the son of an Earl falls in love with the parson's daughter and buys her a magical ring from the gypsies that he claims will make her wishes come true. Starring Vivian Martin and Alec B. Francis. Also on the program: A Cure for Pokeritis and The Evidence of the Film. Black and white, 54 minutes. Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations are recommended: 827-1079, ext. 7994 or (202) 707-994 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Friday, Jan. 25
• Mindfulness discusion group. Discussion on how to live a happier, more productive life. Culpeper County Library conference room each Friday, beginning at noon. Info.: email@example.com
• Friday Walk-in Storytime at 10:30 a.m. Stories, songs, activities and more. No registration necessary. For children and their caregivers.
• "Mary Pickford Short Subjects" A selection of short films made early in Mary Pickford's career. The films will be introduced by Christel Schmidt, editor of the new book: "Mary Pickford: Queen of the Movies." Free at the Library of Congress Packard Campus Theatre, 19053 Mt. Pony Road, beginning at 7:30 p.m. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Reservations are recommended: 827-1079, ext. 7994 or (202) 707-994 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Massage for couples at Fauquier Health and Wellness Center from 6 to 8 p.m. Cost: $55. Registration and info.: 216-2640